Last updated for Charset 0.4.0.
Adding Charset to your development environment
See the GitHub readme for details.
Charset IMCs (Inter-Mod Communications)
Whitelisting blocks for Charset functionality
Charset, since 0.4.0-pre5, has begun adding robust handlers for actions such as block carrying. However, it cannot know whether it can execute said actions on every block safely, particularly blocks with tile entities added to them. The easiest way to whitelist your mod's blocks for Charset to know it's safe to use them in this manner is to notify Charset via an add/remove message.
FMLInterModComms.sendMessage("charset", "addCarry", barrelBlock.getRegistryName());
"charset" refers to the mod the messages are being sent to (in this case, Charset); "addCarry" is the whitelist command, telling Charset to add the "barrelBlock" block to the "carry" registry. As the value, you can either send the block's registry name or the tile entity's registry name.
The add/remove commands also support passing multiple categories for a single block, such as "add[carry,vehicle]" or "add[vehicle];remove[carry,push]".
Current functionality registries:
- carry - Allow a block to be carried by shift-middleclicking it.
Planned functionality registries:
- push - Allow a block to be pushed and rotated (if possible) by Pistons.
- vehicle - Allow a block to be inserted into Entity-based vehicles, such as Minecarts and boats.
The following capabilities are used across the entire mod, and providing them can greatly help in integrating your mod with Charset.
- IAxisRotatable - implement this to allow your tile to be rotated clockwise around a specified axis. This is used, among others, by the Block Carrying tweak, and will be used for various forms of non-user block rotation in Charset.
- IPipeView - get this capability to inspect ItemStacks travelling in a pipe.
- IShifter - implement this capability to create Shifters with custom behaviour.
The fate of the Wires API in Charset - especially the bundled wire part - is currently uncertain, seeing as Charset no longer provides redstone wires on its own.