FoamFix is a mod which makes Minecraft go fast -
by which I mean use less memory. It is
also not a coremod (if used lawfully), because a certain guy writing a certain
tutorial said that's a very very bad thing a while ago, or something like that.
I am aware that the site looks like a massive joke. I might change it to something else later, but the mod is serious - it leads to an idle RAM usage reduction of about 25-35% on average, with
additional RAM requirement reductions for the loading process. However, no matter what, the logo stays. It's the best logo.
-> Video Review
<-> Issue Tracker
- Q: What's the difference between Lawful and Anarchy Editions?
- A: Generally speaking, the Anarchy Edition contains a coremod and the Lawful one does not. In practice, what this means is that (a) the Anarchy Edition can do more invasive
optimizations and (b) you will not get support from the Minecraft Forge developers if you use the Anarchy Edition, as they don't like coremods. I personally recommend using the Anarchy Edition, as it can implement more advanced optimizations compared to the Lawful Edition.
Remember to follow all the steps in order to fully experience the mod.
- Put the JAR into mods/.
- Realize you're trying to chase away the prospect of requiring even more expensive RAM sticks in your computer in order to run your favourite modpacks.
- Face the emptiness of your wallet.
- Run away, trying to forget your love for Minecraft.
- Run. Run run. Run run ru.
- Keep running, you can do it!
- Run your favourite launcher.
- Enjoy the added benefits!
- If you find a bug, use THIS and ONLY THAT to report!
- (Anarchy) Stop chunks from being forced to update immediately, trading constant stutter for small delays in chunk updates.
- Disable certain optimizations already implemented by Forge depending on Forge version
- (Anarchy) Fix incompatibility with Dynamic Surroundings
- (Anarchy-exclusive!) Optimize block state implementation storage, saving another ~10% of RAM, especially on large modpacks
- (Anarchy-exclusive!) Optimize BlockInfo to prevent BlockPos spam - also, fix a lighting bug free of charge
- Trim certain model ArrayLists, saving a few megabytes at best (proposed by SoniEx2)
- Deduplicate entire TRSRTransformation ImmutableMaps
- Slightly improved deduplication speed
- Fix compatibility with Sponge
- Fix model deduplication incorrectly handing ItemCameraTransforms objects
- Fix model deduplication NPE with a few mods
- Add Minecraft 1.11.2 support
- Add option for configuring deduplicator recursion level
- Fix deduplication not considering an use case implemented by TCon2 (among others?)
- Add support for cleaning up wasted space in registries (saves ~32MB of RAM)
- Deduplication performance improvements
- Update to 1.11
- Add experimental BlockPos getter optimization
- Add server-side support
- [#1] Fix Botania flowers rendering incorrectly
- Fix crash caused by disabling the deduplication feature
- Improve deduplication (fix a potential bug, deduplicate more data)
Since someone finally asked about the strange license (thanks, SharkWipf!), FoamFix has been relicensed to GPLv3 with a special
exemption for linking with Minecraft and associated libraries.
Meet the Flintstones
They're the modern stone age family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones
you'll have a yabba dabba doo time
A dabba doo time
You'll have a gay old time!